1. Home
  2. Region
  3. 1 dead & 3 severely injured, High-voltage wire falls on family in J’khand

1 dead & 3 severely injured, High-voltage wire falls on family in J’khand

By Ruchi Upadhyay 
Updated Date

Dhanbad: A man died and three of his family members were seriously injured when an 11,000-volt overhead wire falling on the roof of his house in Jharkhand’s Dhanbad district fell. The police gave this information on Tuesday.

Also Read :- At least 20 died in Maharashtra during 10-day immersion of Ganesh's idols 

The incident happened around midnight in Dhanbad’s Pandarpala area, they said.

The man who died was identified as Sohel Ansari.

His mother Shamida Khatoon, and brothers Shahnawaj and Shahwaj were critically injured. They have been admitted to the Shahid Nirmal Mahto Medical College and Hospital with severe burn injuries, the police said.

“The man’s body has been sent for post-mortem,” a police officer said.

Also Read :- Police suspect suicide after recovering nine bodies in Maharashtra's Sangli district

Locals say that they have been complaining to the electricity department for years to remove the high-voltage wire that crosses over several houses in the area.

A senior official of Jharkhand Bijli Vitran Nigam Ltd said the process is on to shift the poles where high-voltage electric wires are crossing over houses.

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter पर फॉलो करे...