1. Home
  2. Region
  3. 2-month-old Infant found dead inside microwave oven in Delhi

2-month-old Infant found dead inside microwave oven in Delhi

By Ruchi Upadhyay 
Updated Date
2-month-old Infant found dead inside microwave oven in Delhi

New Delhi: A two-month-old girl child was found dead inside a microwave oven at her home in the Chirag Dilli area of south Delhi on Monday afternoon. According to police, the child’s mother has been brought in for questioning after the family alleged that she may have killed her.

Also Read :- Delhi CM orders magisterial inquiry in Mundka fire case, says "Culprit won't be spared......"

Police said they received a call around 4.30 pm about the incident. The infant, wrapped in a cloth, was recovered from the oven and rushed to a hospital by family members.

The incident is being probed from all angles and a case of murder is being registered against unknown persons, Jaiker said. “No one has been arrested so far. We are examining everyone concerned, she said.

According to a senior police officer, the mother of the child is the main suspect in the incident. She is being interrogated at the police station and further investigation is underway, the officer said. At the time of the incident, the child’s father was at a departmental store which he runs and is located near their house.

A neighbour told reporters that he was woken up by the commotion in the area which was raised as the mother of the child locked herself inside the house. We broke the glass and entered the room. We found the woman lying unconscious inside and the child missing.

Also Read :- Massive Mundka fire: At least 27 Killed, 12 injured; building did not have fire NOC, owner absconding

We checked all over the area, but could not find the infant. Later, two-three more persons came and they checked a room where an oven was placed they found the child inside, said the neighbour. Another neighbour said that after scouring the area for some time, a few of them reached the terrace of the house, where they found a room that was unbolted. They entered the room and found the child inside a microwave oven, he said, adding that they then informed the police about the incident.

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook and Twitter ...