IIT Madras Student Suicide: Another student studying engineering committed suicide. Earlier, another student of IIT Madras had committed suicide.
Chennai: In yet another tragic incident, Another student of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras committed suicide on Tuesday (March 14). This student was identified as Pushpak. He was a resident of Andhra Pradesh and he was studying here in B.Tech third year. Earlier last month also two students had committed suicide in the same institute. One of them had died.
According to India Today, on the 14th of last month also two cases of suicide were reported from IIT Madras. Of these, one student committed suicide by hanging and the other student had consumed poison pills. The other student who had taken the pills was saved by being admitted to the hospital on time. A statement was also issued by the institute.
What was in that statement?
Last month, a second year student of electronics engineering at IIT Madras committed suicide. At the same time, a student of B.Tech first year tried to commit suicide by consuming different pills. According to the police, the student who died due to hanging last month was a resident of Maharashtra. He was identified as 27-year-old Stephen Sunny. On the other hand, the second student who survived the suicide attempt was identified as B Vivesh of Karnataka, he is 22 years old.
students were taken out by breaking the door
The police had told that the students of these two were taken out by breaking the door. Stephen was last seen going to his room. Later some friends knocked on the door of his room and there was no response from inside. This information was given to the warden of the hostel. When the door of his room was broken open, Stephen was found hanging.
At the same time, another student Vivesh was also seen returning to his room. He didn’t even attend class for a few days. Some people who came to meet Vivesh in the evening knocked on the door of his room, seeing it closed, but no answer was received. He was not even answering phone calls. When the officials of the institute broke open the door, he was found lying unconscious in the room, after which he was admitted to the hospital.