Good skin is always in trend. We do take care of our skin but in bits and pieces. It would be easy to maintain a healthy skin when you start to understand why it is essential to have good skin. Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay natural ageing and prevent various skin problems.
1. Protect Your Skin from Sun: One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. Exposure to sun can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems like skin cancer. It is always recommended to use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. Apply a generous amount of sunscreen and reapply the sunscreen as and when required. You can wear a hat to restrict harmful rays from reaching your skin.
2. If you have dry skin, make sure that you moisturize your skin adequately so that moisture remains on your skin. For daily use, it is recommended to use a moisturizer that has SPF in it.
3. A Healthy Diet: A healthy diet can help you look and feel your best. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Including fish oil or fish oil supplements and low in unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates might promote younger looking skin. Drinking plenty of water helps keep your skin hydrated.
4. Stress & Sleep: Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and create skin problems. To encourage healthy skin and a healthy state of mind. Getting proper sleep helps you to rejuvenate. While you sleep, your skin is in repair mode. Hence it is recommended to have stress-free sleep for at least 8 hours.
5. Treat Your Skin Gently: Using hot water on your skin can remove oils from the skin and make it drier. Use warm water rather than hot water. Avoid strong soaps or cleansers that can strip oil and moisture from your skin. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin. Dry your towel so that some moisture stays on your skin.
6. It is very common that we don’t feel very thirsty in winters. But it is extremely important that we drink at least 8 glasses of water. It not only hydrates your skin but flush out toxins from your skin.
7. Turmeric helps in simulating new skin cell growths, hence controls ageing by protecting cells from damage. Combine turmeric with rice powder and use that paste once a week to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
8.If you have oily skin remember that you still need to moisturize your skin in all seasons. But, to avoid getting your pores clogged use gel-based products like aloe vera sunscreen gel, juniper berry moisturizer which are easy on your skin.