1. Home
  2. Accident
  3. Bihar: Fire breaks out amid Chhath Puja celebrations in Aurangabad, over 30 injured

Bihar: Fire breaks out amid Chhath Puja celebrations in Aurangabad, over 30 injured

Bihar: On Saturday, Suddenly a gas cylinder exploded while making prasad for Chhath Puja in Aurangabad, Bihar. A two-storey building caught fire due to cylinder explosion. More than 30 people were injured in the fire. During this, Many police personnel have also sustained burn injuries while trying to put out the fire.

By Priyanka Verma 
Updated Date

Bihar: On Saturday, Suddenly a gas cylinder exploded while making prasad for Chhath Puja in Aurangabad, Bihar. A two-storey building caught fire due to cylinder explosion. More than 30 people were injured in the fire. At least ten victims are critical. During this, Many police personnel have also sustained burn injuries while trying to put out the fire.

Also Read :- 54-Year-old stuntman dies after falling from 20 ft on sets of Vijay Sethupathi's Viduthalai

The tragedy occurred while a family was cooking for Chhath Puja at 2:30 in the morning. The incident happened in Shahganj locality of Nagar police station area. In which more than 30 people were scorched and seriously injured. After the incident, all the injured were rushed to Aurangabad Sadar Hospital for treatment where treatment was done by the doctors. Seeing this, a crowd of people of Sadar Hospital gathered.

Home owner Anil Goswami told that Chhath festival was happening in the house. All the families were busy making Prasad. Then the fire started due to gas leaking. When the family members started screaming, the people around ran and informed the police and fire brigade of the city police station. After this people started extinguishing the fire when the team of policemen arrived. By then the flames had intensified. Due to which suddenly the cylinder exploded in the house. Due to which more than 30 people got scorched and injured.

SI Vinay Kumar Singh of Nagar police station told that the people of the locality gave information about the fire. On receiving the information, the team reached there and started extinguishing the fire. But then suddenly there was a loud blast in which people got scorched. However, the cause of the incident has not been confirmed by the administration yet. But the homeowner Anil Goswami says that the fire started due to cylinder explosion. Police is currently investigating the matter.

Let us inform that Chhath Mahaparv has started from 28 October. The first day of Chhath is eaten with a bath. Chhath fasting is considered to be the most difficult fast. It is believed that the women who follow the rules of Chhath, the sixth mother fulfills their every wish. Sun God is worshiped in Chhath Puja. This festival lasts for four days. The second day of Chhath festival is called Kharna. Kharna means purification. There is a tradition of making offerings of Chhath Puja on the day of Kharna.

Also Read :- Watch video: Four-storey building collapses in New Delhi Shastri Nagar

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter पर फॉलो करे...