1. Home
  2. Nation
  3. Bulldozers leave Shaheen Bagh empty-handed; locals remove encroachments; SC asks to go to HC

Bulldozers leave Shaheen Bagh empty-handed; locals remove encroachments; SC asks to go to HC

By wasmulhaq 
Updated Date
Bulldozers leave Shaheen Bagh empty-handed; locals remove encroachments; SC asks to go to HC

Bulldozers and demolition activities are on war footing in several parts of the country. It makes reference to the national capital, Delhi. Bulldozers reached Shaheen Bagh on Monday to remove illegal encroachments.

Also Read :- Assam-Arunachal border dispute: Union HM Amit Shah says, hope to resolve this issue by next year

The South Delhi Municipal Corporation landed at Shaheen Bagh for an encroachment drive and returned after two hours. The people of the area removed the encroachment by themselves. Currently, heavy traffic jams can be seen on the roads.

Heavy security arrangements

Heavy deployments of police and security personnel were present at the spot. Leaders of several political parties and local residents were protesting the bulldozers’ drive. They claim that there is no illegal encroachment on public space in this area.

Wajid Khan, a councillor who denied any encroachment on road number 13, said, “It is a CPWD road.” MCD has nothing to do with it. People have left space in front of their roads. “

Also Read :- 2022 Anti Terrorism Day: History, significance, and all you need to know

The Aam Aadmi Party’s Okhla MLA, Amanatullah Khan, was also present on the spot and showed his anger over the demolition drive. He said the action was being undertaken to “deliberately disturb law and order.”

“I am here now,” he said. “Let them show where the encroachment is,” he added.

The MCD was in confusion regarding the demolition activity. After the two-hour drama, the bulldozers left the area and turned off their movements towards Sarita Vihar, which is near Shaheen Bagh.

Encroachment drives were planned in SDMC areas after Delhi BJP chief Adesh Gupta wrote to the party-ruled civic body’s mayor on April 20 to remove encroachment by “Rohingyas, Bangladeshis and anti-social elements.”

The SDMC said the drive to raze unauthorised structures on roads and government land in the Shaheen Bagh area was planned for Thursday, May 5, but it couldn’t be undertaken due to the unavailability of adequate police back-up.

Also Read :- Over 200 kgs narcotics worth ₹1,526 cr recovered from 2 boats in mid-sea off Lakshadweep coast | Watch

Last month, the North Delhi Municipal Corporation ran down bulldozers at Jahangirpuri in an alleged anti-encroachment drive after communal clashes took place in the area.

Last week, the CPI (M)’s Delhi unit and Hawkers Union moved the Supreme Court against the South Delhi civic body’s demolition drive. They are saying that it is a “violation of principles of natural justice, statutes, and the Constitution” in the name of an anti-encroachment drive.

A hearing took place regarding demolition in Shaheen Bgh. The apex court said that affected people should go to High Court. Meanwhile, SDMC says, if required, bulldozers will run again in Shaheen Bagh.

 

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook and Twitter ...