Superstitions are unfortunately a part of every festivals and big days celebrated all over the world. The word superstition has been carried forward generation after generation while few people strongly believe in superstitions and few really think otherwise. You will be amazed to know that Christmas day also calls in for some amazing superstitions people believe and it is also believed that follow the superstitious activities can either give you a lucky day or good vibes for the rest of the day.
Read these Christmas superstitions:-
1. It is mandatory to stir the pudding three times and make a wish. If you are unmarried and don’t join in, then you will not find your spouse in the next year. Wishes should be kept secret until they come true.
2. Never give shoes to any of your loved ones during Christmas. If you do that, then that particular person can walk out of your life in future.
3. The first person who opens the door during the early Christmas morning should shout “Welcome Father Christmas” to welcome Christmas. This also helps bad spirits who were trapped to escape.
4. Cakes were usually eaten on the Christmas Eve in 19th Century. However, it was believed that it would bring bad luck if cut before the day dawned. A piece of the cake should also be preserved for the Christmas day as well.
5. The dog who screams on the Christmas Eve will go mad before the end of the year.
6. For a greener planet after winter, green branches are brought. The Christmas tree is the centrepiece because of that.
7. Christmas candles should be left burning until Christmas morning and should rest undisturbed from time of lighting until they are snuffed.
8. The household will be blessed if the first person who visits the home during Christmas is a black haired man.