New Delhi: Delhi Finance Minister Kailash Gehlot presented the 78000 crore budget on Wednesday. He has presented the ninth consecutive budget of the Aam Aadmi Party government. Kailash Gehlot said that our government has taken great steps to improve the economy of Delhi in 8 years.
New Delhi: Delhi Finance Minister Kailash Gehlot presented the 78000 crore budget on Wednesday. He has presented the ninth consecutive budget of the Aam Aadmi Party government. Kailash Gehlot said that our government has taken great steps to improve the economy of Delhi in 8 years. Per capita income in Delhi has become third in India. Annual per capita income here has increased by 14.8% to 4.24 lakh rupees. This is two and a half times more than the national average.
Gehlot was given charge of the finance department after Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia resigned. Calling it a budget dedicated to a clean, beautiful and modern Delhi, Gehlot said, “MCD will be given all possible help to remove the three mountains of garbage in Delhi. All colonies will be connected to sewage and the capacity of sewage treatment plants will be increased to clean the Yamuna river.”
Big announcements of the Delhi government
-Finance Minister Kailash Gehlot said, the budget of 2023-24 is dedicated towards clean, beautiful and modern Delhi.
-1400 km of roads of the entire PWD road network will be beautified. For this, a target of provision of 20 thousand crores has been kept in 10 years.
– The Delhi government allocated Rs 16,575 crore for education in the financial year 2023-24.
– 350 schools of Delhi government will get 20 computers each, all teachers, principals will get tablets.
-26 new flyovers/underpasses and bridges will be constructed. 722 crore proposed for new flyovers.
– 3 new double decker flyovers will be built. Metro will run above it and vehicles will run below it. 321 crore proposed for them.
– Proposal of 3126 crores for the scheme related to other roads and bridges.
– 1600 new electric buses will run. Currently 7,379 buses are running in Delhi.
-57 existing bus depots of Delhi will be electrified.
– 3 ISBT world class will be made. Two multi-level bus stations will be built at Nehru Place and Najafgarh.
-All the three garbage mountains will be abolished.
-Mohalla bus scheme will be started. Under this, 100 electric buses of 9 meter length will be run.
-‘Work will be done on 6 action point plan scheme to clean Yamuna.
– Financial assistance of Rs 8,241 crore will be given to the local bodies.
– Mohallas will be connected to sewer network. -Plan to connect every house with free sewer network.
– Provision of 9,742 crores for Health Department
-There are currently 515 Aam Aadmi Mohalla Clinics and 4 Mahila Clinics in Delhi. 100 new Mahila Mohalla Clinics will be opened.
– 9 new hospitals are being built. 4 will be commissioned this year.
– Hospital beds will be increased from 14000 to 30,000.
– 38 new ambulances will be run.
Before the budget was presented, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal tweeted, “Aaj Delhi ka peesh ho hai waa hai”. Everyone is missing Manish Sisodia a lot today. But we will not let their work stop. All work started by them will be done at double speed.This is the ninth budget after the formation of the Aam Aadmi Party government in Delhi.
All the previous 8 budgets were presented by Manish Sisodia. But he was arrested by the CBI and ED on February 26 in connection with the alleged scam in Delhi’s liquor policy case. After this, Kailash Gehlot has been made the Finance Minister.