Lieutenant Governor Vinay Kumar Saxena has taken a big decision on a complaint regarding corruption in the purchase of 1000 low floor buses in Delhi. The CBI has been tasked to conduct the inquiry into the purchase of 1,000 low-floor buses by Delhi Transport Corporation, officials said.
New Delhi: In yet another breaking development in the case, Lieutenant Governor Vinay Kumar Saxena has taken a big action regarding the alleged irregularities in the purchase of 1000 low floor buses by the Delhi Transport Corporation in the national capital Delhi. On the complaint of alleged corruption in the purchase of low floor buses, the LG has approved the proposal of the principal secretary to hand over the matter to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The decision to hand over the case to the probe agency was taken following a recommendation by chief secretary Naresh Kumar.
It was also alleged in the complaint that the appointment of DIMTS as Bid Management Consultant for this tender was done with a view to facilitate wrongdoing.
Sources said that the complaint stated that the purchase bid of July 2019 for 1,000 low floor BS-IV and BS-VI buses and the second bid for the contract of annual maintenance and purchase of low-floor BS-VI buses in March 2020 Irregularities occurred. On July 22, the complaint was sent to the Chief Secretary to take the response of the departments of the Delhi Government.
Last month, the CBI started a preliminary inquiry into allegations of corruption in the purchase of 1,000 low-floor buses by the Delhi government. The Kejriwal government has claimed that they have got a clean chit in this matter. On the other hand, BJP said that the complaint filed in 2021 is still being looked into.
According to official information, the Delhi government bought about 1000 low-floor buses in which alleged corruption took place. On August 16, 2021, the CBI received a complaint of alleged corruption in the purchase of buses. The Home Ministry had requested the CBI to investigate the matter.
Former Delhi LG Anil Baijal had ordered the formation of a three-member panel to look into the matter. Govind Mohan, former additional secretary to the Delhi government, had said that a preliminary inquiry by the central probe agency is needed.
In January 2022, the CBI started a preliminary investigation which is still ongoing. According to official information, till now the CBI has not registered any complaint in this case.