Advertisement
Pardaphash Ads
  1. Home
  2. Region
  3. Delhi: Timely intervention by Moolchand Hospital doctors saves boy’s life who swallows ₹5 coin

Delhi: Timely intervention by Moolchand Hospital doctors saves boy’s life who swallows ₹5 coin

A doctor at Delhi's Moolchand Hospital saved boy's life after he accidentally swallowed a five-rupee coin by removing the coin from his throat. Umashankar Mishra's son Shubham Mishra had swallowed this coin a few days ago. Although the boy had no symptoms, an X-ray revealed a five-rupee coin in his stomach.

By: Ruchi Upadhyay  Pardaphash Group
Updated:
gnews
Delhi: Timely intervention by Moolchand Hospital doctors saves boy’s life who swallows ₹5 coin

New Delhi: A doctor at Delhi’s Moolchand Hospital saved boy’s life after he accidentally swallowed a five-rupee coin by removing the coin from his throat. Umashankar Mishra’s son Shubham Mishra had swallowed this coin a few days ago. Although the boy had no symptoms, an X-ray revealed a five-rupee coin in his stomach. The boy was then rushed to the hospital, where a team of doctors saved the boy’s life by removing the coin from his stomach.

Disaster was averted when the team removed the coin from the child’s body using a Roth net procedure under anesthesia. “In a remarkable display of medical skill, Doctor Rishi Raman of Moolchand Hospital successfully removed a coin stuck in the throat of a child!” Moolchand Healthcare shared the video on Twitter and gave information about this. The hospital said, “This is not just a story of a saved coin – it is a testament to Mool Chand’s extraordinary gastro skills!”

Umashankar has thanked the doctors in this video. He said, “My son swallowed a five rupee coin three to four days ago. We were very tense. So we Dr. Approached Rishi Raman, he removed the coin from our son’s neck. We were so nervous that we could not eat. But Dr. Raman removed the coin from our son’s throat within 15 minutes. I am very thankful to the doctor.”

In February this year, doctors at Delhi’s Sir Gangaram Hospital operated on a 26-year-old man who swallowed 39 coins and 37 magnets. Suffering from mental illness, he swallowed coins and magnets, believing that zinc would help him in bodybuilding. After this he started having problems like vomiting and stomach pain. But as the problem increased, the young man went to the hospital. When he was medically examined, magnets and coins were found in his stomach. Even the doctor was shocked to see this. When the doctor questioned the patients about this, the entire hospital staff raised their eyebrows after hearing the reason given by him.

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Google, Facebook, YouTube and X (Twitter)