Seven effective remedies that help to prevent tooth cavities or “pre-cavities” that are-
1-Sugar free gum
3-Brush with fluoride toothpaste
5-Cut out sugary foods
6-glycyrrhiza extract( licorice root)
Tooth decay is often caused by a build-up of bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria produce acids which erode the teeth to form cavities (holes in the teeth). The excess bacteria also form a sticky plaque which strips your tooth enamel of essential minerals which also makes them more vulnerable to tooth decay. Cavities will usually require a filling from your dentist, however, there are home remedies for tooth decay that can stop cavities from forming.
WHAT CAUSE CAVITY?
Dental cavities, or caries, are tiny holes in the hard surface of the teeth. They are caused by bacteria on the surface of teeth creating acid out of sugar. The most common culprit is a bacterium known as Streptococcus mutans.So there are some tips that we can follow easily and that are effective as well-
- Chewing surfaces of your molars where bits of food can collect in the grooves and crevices so Chewing sugar-free gum between meals helps to encourage the production of saliva. This helps to balance the pH in your mouth and wash away any bacteria that may be lingering in your mouth. As a result, it can also help to remineralize the tooth enamel, lowering the risk of tooth decay.
- Vitamin D is important to crucial part of calcium absorption. If you have more vitamin D in your diet your body will absorb more of the calcium it needs to maintain strong teeth and bones. The stronger your teeth are, the more protected you’ll be from tooth decay. You can get more vitamin D from safe exposure to the sun or from dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt
- Fluoride is in most commercially available toothpaste brands and is incredibly important in the prevention of tooth decay. Brushing twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste is one of the most basic home remedies for tooth decay.
- One of the biggest and most successful home remedies for tooth decay is to cut down on sugar! Sugar is one of the things which will cause the creation of most acids which erode your teeth, causing tooth decay. If you do have sugar, try to avoid sugary snacks throughout the day. By reducing frequent snacking with sugary snacks you’ll also give your teeth a chance to remineralize.
- Cloves are an established natural remedy to treat toothache. Use a cotton swab to apply one or two drops of the oil directly on the spot of the tooth cavity and allow it to soak in.And other option for Oil pulling is the ancient practice of swilling natural oils (coconut or sesame oils are best) around your mouth for twenty minutes. After these twenty minutes, spit the oils out. The idea is that these oils strip any toxins from the mouth, reducing your risk of tooth decay. However, there’s very little scientific evidence to back this up. Studies have, however, shown a link between oil pulling and a decreased level of plaque and a lower risk of gum disease.
- Chewing on licorice root can help slow tooth decay. Licorice Root is a natural antimicrobial which inhibits the bacteria that cause cavities to form and grow. Extracts licorice root have been known to have antibacterial properties. This means that chewing on licorice root or drinking licorice root tea can decrease the number of bacteria in your mouth and therefore protect you from tooth decay.
Aloe vera is best for its antibacterial properties. As a result, swilling a little aloe gel around your mouth will kill harmful bacteria and work as a powerful home remedy for tooth decay. After swilling the gel around your mouth for three minutes, spit the gel out. Not only will this help remove bacteria, but it can also help to remineralize your tooth enamel.
Cavities start off small, but can cause tooth decay and other serious problems if they’re allowed to get bigger.so if we follow these rules so at least we can prevent tooth pre-cavities.