The incident occurred after an electric car caught fire and later spread to five places, said an official of Abids, a major commercial hub in Hyderabad.
Hyderabad: The incidents of fire in electric cars or electric two-wheeler vehicles are increasing. One such incident came to light in Telangana’s capital Hyderabad late on Saturday night, where an electric car caught fire in such a way that it spread and engulfed many cars. The incident is of Hyderabad exhibition parking, where a huge fire broke out in a parked electric car.
Regarding the incident, Inspector B Prasad Rao of Abids Police Station said that after a fire broke out in an electric car, the fire spread in a terrible way to five cars parked nearby, after which a major incident of fire has come to light in the Hyderabad Exhibition Exhibition Parking. Three cars were burnt to ashes in the accident, and three others were partially burnt. There are fire tenders present at the spot.
In a similar incident reported from Siddipet district in Telangana, an electric vehicle battery exploded during charging. The incident took place on June 8 morning at Chikoda village of Dubbaka Mandal.