New Delhi: A fire broke out at All India Congress Committee headquarters on Akbar Road office in New Delhi Wednesday, April 6. Several fire tenders reached the spot and the blaze was brought under control in 30 minutes.
The minor fire broke out at Congress’ office in Lutyen’s Delhi due to a short circuit in an AC unit, officials told sources. The fire officials said they received a call around 7.30 pm today and two fire tenders were rushed to the spot. They attributed the blaze to an electric fault in the compressor of an air-conditioner.
Delhi | A fire that broke out at Congress' office in New Delhi district around 7 pm today has been brought under control.
There was an electric fault in ACs due to which the fire occurred. It has been doused completely, said Prem Lal from Connaught Place Fire Station pic.twitter.com/Tt1SMirsRQ
— ANI (@ANI) April 6, 2022
“The firemen doused the flames in just 30 minutes and even the cooling process was immediately completed,” sources quoted an official as saying. He added that some dry leaves on the roof of the Congress office had caught the fire.
There were no injuries in the incident, the official added.