HYDERABAD: A shocking incident of family suicide has come to the fore in Hyderabad. four members of a software engineer's family, including two children, were found dead in their Kushaiguda flat on Saturday. Police suspect that children's ill-health might have forced the couple to resort to the extreme step. The victims are believed to have consumed poison to end their lives.
HYDERABAD: A shocking incident of family suicide has come to the fore in Hyderabad. four members of a software engineer’s family, including two children, were found dead in their Kushaiguda flat on Saturday. Police suspect that children’s ill-health might have forced the couple to resort to the extreme step. The victims are believed to have consumed poison to end their lives.
Kushaiguda police said that G Satish, 39, his wife G Veda, 35, and their children, G Nishiket, 9, and G Nihal, 5, were found dead in their Park Royal Apartment flat at Kandiguda in the afternoon. Satish had been working from home. Upon receiving information about the incident on Saturday afternoon, police reached the scene and sent the bodies to a mortuary. The PME of the bodies has not been conducted yet. An investigation into the matter is underway.
Kushaiguda inspector P Venkateshwarlu said, “As per our investigation, the couple resorted to this extreme step due to the chronic ill-health of their children. They left a suicide note claiming that they had decided to take the extreme step and no one was responsbile for their death.”
The incident came to light when Satish’s brother-in-law Manikanta wasn’t able to reach the couple despite repeated attempts to contact them since morning. Manikanta suspected something could have gone wrong and immediately contacted the security guard at the apartment to check the flat. The couple is said to have died from consuming Potassium Cyanide poison.
As per reports, the couple’s two kids were mentally challenged. Satish and his wife Vedha were said to have been depressed over the same as numerous trips to hospitals were bearing no positive result on their children’s health. Jaded with the disappointment, the couple is said to have decided to end their lives.
According to the information, the police said, “The security guard saw the family’s car in the parking area. As there was no response despite ringing the door bell, he glanced through the window and noticed that they were inside. As the main door latch was difficult to break, the security guard and neighbours used a ladder to climb into the balcony of the first floor flat and then broke the rear door latch” .
They found Satish leaning against a wall in a sitting posture. Veda and the two children were lying dead in the bed. After preliminary investigation, police said that prima facie it appeared like the couple might have first served poison-laced soft drink to their children and later consumed it themselves.
Police suspect that the couple might have resorted to the extreme step after finishing their dinner on Friday. An empty soft drink bottle, a bottle with an unknown powder and empty glasses were found in the flat. Police registered a suspicious death case under section 174 of CrPC.