Coimbatore: Passengers were breathless today when the warning alarm sounded on a private airline going to Male in Maldives. A GoFirst plane had to land at Coimbatore airport on Friday due to a smoke warning. 92 passengers were on board this flight going from Bangalore to Male. Passengers heaved a sigh of relief after the plane landed safely at the airport. The aircraft is parked in the ‘apron’ (parking) and according to the pilot the aircraft is fit to take off.
Let us inform that Go First flight carrying 92 passengers took off from Bangalore to Male. Meanwhile, it had to make an emergency landing in Coimbatore due to a faulty smoke alarm. An hour after the flight took off, the engine overheated and the warning bell sounded, the airline said in a statement. The pilot contacted the air traffic control and requested permission to land at the nearby Coimbatore airport. “Firefighters and rescue workers were on standby after the plane landed. The flight landed safely at the Coimbatore airport around 12.57pm,” the statement read. However, airport officials in Coimbatore said it was a “fault alarm”.
At the same time, let us tell you that recently the government has taken action on the frequent technical glitches in the planes. Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia had said about the work of his ministry that the journey should be safe, it is our biggest responsibility. He had said that the monitoring mechanism has been strengthened and every step of security is being taken. The safety of passengers is paramount for the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Earlier last week itself, a Go First plane collided with a bird within minutes of take-off in the afternoon, after which it returned to Ahmedabad. On June 20, a Delhi-bound SpiceJet Airlines plane caught fire soon after taking off from Patna airport and made an emergency landing minutes after being hit by a bird. On the same day, another Delhi-bound IndiGo flight had returned to Guwahati airport after it collided with a bird after takeoff.