Two fire engines were pressed into service and the fire was doused after about an hour. Officials also told that goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in the fire. According to the information, seven people of the Korean association were trapped in the flat due to the fire.
New Delhi: In a sudden turn of events, Seven people were trapped after a massive fire engulfs at a flat in the Haryana Janpratinidhi (MLA) apartment in Gurugram sector 28 on Thursday afternoon, but all seven people from the Korean association who were staying in the flat were rescued safely. According to the sources, Two fire engines were pressed into service and the fire was doused after about an hour. Officials also told that goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in the fire.
Fire officer Nitish Kumar said that the fire was probably caused by an electrical short circuit in the AC.
A stagecoach was used to rescue seven people from the Korean association, including five women, from the flat. According to officials, one of these women had suffered a minor injury in her hand. They also said that the matter is being investigated.
According to officials, Fire department people from Sector 29 reached the spot and started controlling the fire and took out the seven people trapped in the house safely. The fire was on the ground floor while people were trapped on the first and second floors. It is a matter of pride that there was no loss of life or property in this accident, but the goods worth lakhs kept in the house were definitely burnt to ashes.
The officials further added that, “All seven people were taken out safely in about 15 minutes. Our team faced difficulties in talking to these people due to the translator not being present at the spot”.
Prima facie revealed that the fire occurred due to a short circuit in the AC. The case is being investigated.