New Delhi: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Thursday put a hold on Haryana’s 75 per cent quota in private jobs for locals. The court has also sought a reply from the state government.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Faridabad Industries Association and others.
Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala said that the government will continue fighting to provide jobs to youth of the state as it will open new avenues of employment for thousands of youth.
“We will continue to fight for employment opportunities of Haryanvi youth 75% reservation,” he posted on Twitter after the High Court order.
We will continue to fight for employment opportunities of Haryanvi youth #75%reservation
— Dushyant Chautala (@Dchautala) February 3, 2022
The Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Act, 2020, was passed in November last year. At that time Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had said the act will be made applicable with effect from January 15, 2022.
Though the government had promised that the Act will apply for all jobs that offer a gross monthly salary up to Rs 50,000, it issued another notification last year specifying that the upper cap had been reduced to Rs 30,000.
The state government had last year said the said Act will be applicable to employers of private sector companies, societies, trusts, limited liability partnership firms, partnership firms and any person who employs 10 or more persons on salary, wages or other remuneration for the purpose of manufacturing, carrying on business or rendering any service in Haryana.
In March 2021, Haryana Governor Bandaru Dattatreya had given his assent to the Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Bill, 2020.