Cracked heels have become a dreadful nightmare for many people nowadays. However, it tends to crack all season, causing severe pain and burning whenever you put your feet on the ground. This is a sign of poor foot care which usually causes cracked heels. They usually occur with people with dry skin and who have thick callus feet around the edge of the heel. They don’t do much harm to your body as long as they don’t get so deep in the skin and cause bleeding. The skin on your feet is usually dry compared to other parts of the body.
# Scrub To Soften Your Feet
This home made scrub is used to soften your feet with minimal effort. The ingredients used in this scrub are mostly available in our day to day life.
Brown sugar- 2tbsp
Lemon juice- 1tsp
Olive oil- 1tbsp
Bath tub half filled with warm (not hot) water
– Take a bowl and mix well all the ingredients just mentioned above one by one until it forms a thick, sticky, smooth paste and set it aside.
– Now, soak your feet in warm water for about 10 to 15 minutes so that your feet are freed from minute dust particles and are clean and smooth.
– With feet still in tub, slather the exfoliating agent over the foot and gently scrub your foot moving your hands in circular motions.
– Repeat the same to other foot.
– After this rinse off your feet in the tub to get a smooth and silky feet.
# Exfoliating Foot Scrub
This exfoliating foot scrub revitalizes and softens the rough feet. Follow the steps carefully to gain soft and silky feet.
Milk- 1 cup
Warm water- 5 cups
Sugar/ salt- 4 tbsp
Baby oil/ coconut oil- ½ cup
Salicylic acid cream/ thick moisturizer
– Drop 1 cup of milk and 5 cups of warm water in a bath tub and soak your feet for about 5- 10 minutes.
– Now, in a bowl take ½ cup of baby/ coconut oil and add sugar/ salt to it and mix well. Vegetable oil can also be replaced with other oils.
– After forming a thick paste massage this over your feet in circular motions and later scrub your feet with pumice stone
– Rinse off well and pat it dry.
– Before you go to bed, rub your feet with stridex pad which exfoliated your foot skin as it has 2% salicylic acid in it.
– After this, apply a thick moisturizer (probably a petroleum jelly) or a salicylic cream on the bottoms of your feet.
– Now, pull on socks and rest your feet for about 4 hours.
# Banana Pulp Foot Mask
Banana is a great moisturizer and trying out a foot scrub using a banana would fetch you maximum result.
Luke warm water- as per required
– Take a banana and mash it with a fork and apply the pulp to your feet.
– Wait for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
– You can also add pulp of half avocado to the banana (as an alternative).
# Foot Moisturizer
This foot moisturizer helps you in smoothening the dry and achy feet. Applying this daily would help you to get rid of cracked heels as early as possible.
Petroleum jelly- 1tbsp
Lime juice- 2- 3 drops
Lukewarm water- ½ tub
– Make your own foot moisturizer by mixing 1 tablespoon of petroleum jelly with lime juice.
– Before applying this, soak your feet in lukewarm water for about 10 minutes and pat it dry.
– Now, apply the mixture by gently massaging your feet and cover your feet with cotton socks.
# Moisturizing Cream
Olive oil- 1tbsp
Lemon/ lavender oil- 2- 3 drops
– Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add 2 to 3 drops of lemon/ lavender oil to it.
– Shake the ingredients until they form a thick, milky solution to apply.
– Apply this to your feet anytime when needed.