1. Home
  2. World
  3. Indian-origin Rishi Sunak set to become next Prime Minister of UK

Indian-origin Rishi Sunak set to become next Prime Minister of UK

Indian-origin Rishi Sunak is set to become the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom ready to replace Liz Truss, who resigned a couple of days ago. 

By wasmulhaq 
Updated Date

London: Indian-origin Rishi Sunak is set to become the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. If bookmakers are to be believed, Rishi Sunak is in the race to take the oath as the new prime minister of the country and is ready to replace Liz Truss, who resigned a couple of days ago.

Also Read :- Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja's throwback picture surfaces with new UK PM Rishi Sunak. See pics

All the odds are in favour of Rishi Sunak. He has a fair chance to be the new PM of the financially troubled country. As far as overall percentage is concerned, Rishi has a 96% chance of becoming the UK’s prime minister, while his competitor, Penny Mordaunt, is at 4%. The drastic change took place after former PM Boris Johnson announced that he was not in the race for PM late last night 

Rishi Sunak could take charge as prime minister within a few hours, while Penny Mordaunt has been struggling to get 100 backers among Tory MPs.

Announcing that he would not enter the race, Boris Johnson said, “There is a very good chance that I would be successful in the election with Conservative Party members and that I could indeed be back in Downing Street on Friday.”

 

Also Read :- Britain PM Rishi Sunak removed several ministers, Dominic Raab became deputy PM

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter पर फॉलो करे...