1. Home
  2. Region
  3. Kerala: Several children hospitalized due to food poisoning during Onam celebration at school

Kerala: Several children hospitalized due to food poisoning during Onam celebration at school

Some school children hospitalized after eating food during the Onam program organized in a private school in Kothamangalam. A feast was prepared in the school for the Onam celebrations, which after eating, Several children fell ill and their parents complained to the Kothamangalam police following which a case was registered.

By Ruchi Upadhyay 
Updated Date

Kochi: In a such incident, Several students of a private school in Kerala’s Kothamangalam area fall ill allegedly after consuming food and are being treated at a local hospital due to suspected food poisoning. It is being told that several children fell ill allegedly after consuming food prepared on the occasion of Onam festival last week.

Also Read :- 'Fake complaint': Kerala police arrest army jawan, who claimed 'PFI' written on his back

Kothamanagalam police said the incident came to light on Tuesday and they would record the statements of the parents today. “After this a case will be registered and we will investigate,” an officer said. At present, in the latest case, the police officer said that we are investigating the incident.

In the meantime, parents of several of the affected children told the media that despite the many medications and injections they had received at home and in the hospital, their children had been feeling under the weather after the incident.

A parent of a child said, “My children have been having fever since Saturday (August 26) night and when the fever did not subside, we took them to the hospital. Even now they are weak and lack energy.”

Earlier, In a separate incident on August 16, around 30 students fell ill after allegedly consuming food at a girl’s residential school in Karnataka. The incident took place at Kasturba Gandhi Girls’ Residential School in Vijayapura district in the state. The officials suspect that the students were served food in which a dead lizard had fallen inside.

Also Read :- Kerala: Four of a family among 5 dead after school bus collided with the autorickshaw; CM condoles death

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter पर फॉलो करे...