Lucknow: On Monday afternoon, a major fire broke out inside a three-story Japanese vehicle showroom in Lucknow’s Chinhat neighbourhood. There were no casualties reported in the event, however six workers who were trapped in the fire had a near escape. Later, they were successfully rescued.
Several lakhs worth of goods, including antique automobiles, were destroyed. The fire was so large that the fire department had to call in 12 fire tenders to help put it out.
The ensuing fires spread terror and dread across the area, bringing traffic to a halt.
The skyline, which wore gloom in the brilliant sunny noon, was touched by a cloud of smoke floating over the triple-story windows. The smoke could be seen for up as 2 kilometres.
According to Chief Fire Officer Vijay Kumar Singh, the fire control room was notified of the event about 11.30 a.m.
“Twelve fire-tenders were engaged in containing the blaze. It took around two hours to douse the flames,” said Singh.
According to preliminary assessments, the fire was started by a short circuit in the air conditioner vent.
The showroom was stocked with a variety of combustible materials, which fueled the fire even more. He also stated that there was no room for air venting, which allowed the fire to continue to burn. Finally, the fire was put out using a hydraulic platform to smash the window glass and extinguish the flames.