Madhya Pradesh: Seven persons were charred to death after a massive fire broke out in a double storey building in Indore’s Swarna Bagh Colony in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
“Seven people charred to death in the blaze and nine people have been rescued so far, of which five have been hospitalised,” Indore Police Commissioner Harinarayana Chari Mishra said.
Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan expresses his condolences over the loss of lives due to a short circuit in Swarn Bagh Colony of Indore.
Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan expresses his condolences over the loss of lives due to a short circuit in Swarn Bagh Colony of Indore. pic.twitter.com/iEafEiucVa
— ANI MP/CG/Rajasthan (@ANI_MP_CG_RJ) May 7, 2022
The fire erupted in the building, located in Swarn Bagh colony in Indore, between 4am to 5am today morning, according to preliminary information.
A fire department official said: “The fire might have started due a short circuit. It took us three hours to bring the fire under control.” Further investigation is underway.
The building’s owner Ansar Patel has been detained by the police and a case has been registered against him under Section 304A IPC for causing death by negligence, as no fire safety equipment was installed in the building which had one flat on each floor.