New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party Supremo Arvind Kejriwal announced 10 guarantees for MCD elections. He said that we will end the three garbage mountains and won't allow new landfills, adding, "We will call experts from London and Paris to solve the issue of garbage." At the same time, he said that the parking problems and the stray animals will be released.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party Supremo Arvind Kejriwal announced 10 guarantees for MCD elections. He said that we will end the three garbage mountains and won’t allow new landfills, adding, “We will call experts from London and Paris to solve the issue of garbage.” At the same time, he said that the parking problems and the stray animals will be released.
Taking to Twitter, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal said, “Today we are releasing 10 guarantees of AAP. People are waiting for MCD polls as they have been cheated for 15 years. We do what we say. There is our guarantee which never breaks and remains intact like favicol.” He added, “Together we have to make Delhi a clean and beautiful city”.
हमें मिलकर दिल्ली को एक साफ़-स्वच्छ और सुंदर शहर बनाना है। नगर निगम चुनाव के लिए दिल्लीवासियों को आम आदमी पार्टी की 10 गारंटी। https://t.co/0fPWBDysCQ
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) November 11, 2022
Here are Kejriwal’s 10 guarantees
1) We will make Delhi beautiful and clean. We will end three mountains of garbage. The AAP chief promised to clean up the roads and lanes of Delhi and refurbish all schools and hospitals run by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
2) MCD will be corruption free. “Most corruption takes place in building department, therefore, we will streamline the process of passing plans and will make it online,” said Kejriwal.
3) He also pledged to solve the parking problem “once and for all” in Delhi.
4) Freedom from stray dogs, cows and monkeys.
5) Mr Kejriwal promised to Nagar Nigam road which are damaged would be repaired and constructed.
6) Nagar Nigam schools and hospitals would be improved.
7) Parking issues will be resolved.
8) All employees will be given salaries on time (of every month).
9) Solution to problem of businessmen. “Money is being taken in the name of parking fee and this will end. Inspector Raj will be brought to an end. We will find solutions to problems of businessman,” added Kejriwal.
10) The AAP has also promised vending zone for vendors, giving them an assurance they won’t have to pay bribes.
The results will be declared on December 7. The BJP has been ruling the MCD for 15 years. In the 2017 civic polls, the BJP won 181 seats in the 250-seat civic body, increasing its count from the 2012 election (138). AAP contested the civic elections for the first time in 2017 and won 49 seats, displacing the Congress (it won 31 seats) as the number two party in the MCD.