1. Home
  2. World
  3. “Missile strikes on Kyiv will increase”: Russia warns as hits military facility in Ukraine

“Missile strikes on Kyiv will increase”: Russia warns as hits military facility in Ukraine

By Saima Siddiqui 
Updated Date
“Missile strikes on Kyiv will increase”: Russia warns as hits military facility in Ukraine

Moscow: Russia’s defence ministry said on Friday that in retaliation to strikes on Russian land, it will increase assaults on Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, after Ukraine accused Russia of attacking Russian border towns.

Also Read :- Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov compares Zelenskyy with Hitler

“The number and scale of missile strikes against targets in Kyiv will increase in response to any terrorist attacks or sabotage committed by the Kyiv nationalist regime on Russian territory,” the ministry said in its daily update.

According to the report, Russian soldiers fired Kalibr sea-based long-range missiles against a “military” facility outside Kyiv late Thursday.

“As a result of the strike on the Zhulyansky machine-building plant ‘Vizar’, the workshops for the production and repair of long-range and medium-range anti-aircraft missile systems, as well as anti-ship missiles, were destroyed,” the ministry said.

The ministry also said its S-400 missile system shot down a Ukrainian Mi-8 helicopter that carried out “an attack on civilians in the locality of Klimovo in Bryansk region on April 14”.

Also Read :- Putin to undergo cancer surgery, hand power to hardline spymaster: Reports

On Thursday, Moscow accused Ukraine of deploying helicopters to strike a town near the Ukrainian border in Russia’s Bryansk area, wounding eight people.

The head of Russia’s Belgorod region later reported that Ukraine bombarded a village near the border, and that people from this and an adjacent village had been evacuated as a precaution.

Kyiv has disputed the helicopter attack, accusing Russia of orchestrating the events in order to incite “anti-Ukrainian hysteria” in the nation.

Separately, Russia’s defence ministry claimed Friday that its strategic rocket troops “eliminated up to 30 Polish mercenaries” in an attack on the hamlet of Izyumskoe in northeastern Ukraine, not far from Kharkiv.

It said the mercenaries belonged to “a private Polish military company”, but did not say whether any Ukrainian troops were also killed.

Also Read :- PM Modi kickstarts 3-nation Europe visit, receives warm welcome from Indians in Berlin

The purported rocket attack was one of the largest against foreign targets in Ukraine since another missile killed up to 180 foreign mercenaries in Western Ukraine last month, according to the Russian military.
Only Ukrainian forces were killed, according to Kyiv at the time.

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook and Twitter ...