1. Home
  2. Region
  3. Over 250 students fall ill after inhaling toxic gas in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli

Over 250 students fall ill after inhaling toxic gas in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli

Updated Date

Shamli: Over 250 students were rushed to the hospital in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli district after suffocating due to harmful chemicals from a sugar factory near their school.

Also Read :- Watch video: Four-storey building collapses in New Delhi Shastri Nagar

According to reports, the incident took place at 9 am when the students of Saraswati Shishu Mandir were gathering for assembly. The students were taken to the hospital after suffering breathlessness, nausea, stomach ache, giddiness and a burning in their eyes.

As per sources, after first aid some children were discharged while some of them have been referred to a bigger hospital in Meerut.

Sources reveal that doctors have said that nothing is serious and nothing is there to panic about.

Meanwhile, Chief Minster Yogi Adityanath has ordered a probe into the incident by Saharanpur Commissioner and directed the District Magistrate Shamli and all local officers to provide all possible help to the affected children.

Also Read :- Bihar: Man chops off woman's breasts, limbs, and ears at public market in Bhagalpur

“The factory is close to the school and was installed in 1933. The factory was closed from a long time and was in the process of reopening. Something might have happened during the cleaning process,” said DM Indra Vikram Singh.

According to sources, the owner of the sugar mill was absconding.


For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter पर फॉलो करे...