1. Home
  2. Region
  3. Punjab govt will restore security cover of 420 VVIPs from June 7: CM Bhagwant Mann

Punjab govt will restore security cover of 420 VVIPs from June 7: CM Bhagwant Mann

By Priyanka Verma 
Updated Date

New Delhi: AAP leader and Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann told the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Thursday, June 2, that the security cover for all 420 VVIPs of the state will be restored from 7 June.

Also Read :- Punjab cabinet expansion begins today

The decision comes five days after Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead.Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu, popularly known as Sidhu Moose Wala was 28 years old at the time of his death.

Last week, the Punjab Police had withdrawn the security of the 424 VVIPS, which included former MLAs, Jathedars of two Takhts, heads of Deras, and police officers.

On Thursday, CM Bhagwant Mann led-Punjab government informed the High Court that the security cover was withdrawn because they needed the security personnel for Operation Bluestar’s anniversary on 6 June.

CM Bhagwant Mann-led Punjab government was heavily slammed with criticism over curtailing security for VVIPs since Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead. Punjab Governemnt’s mention of Operation BlueStar was in reference to the military offensive in June 1984 to eliminate terrorists who were hiding at the Golden Temple in Amritsar.

Also Read :- Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann to launch anti-corruption helpline , says it's his WhatsApp number

Earlier today, Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann visited Delhi and met with Arvind Kejriwal. Mann has announced a judicial commission headed by a high court judge to investigate the murder of Sidhu Moose Wala.

According to the Punjab Police a gang rivalry was behind the murder of the singer. Canada-based gangster in an unverified Facebook post claimed responsibility for the killing.

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter पर फॉलो करे...