Chennai: A 23-year-old young man was found unconscious at a rooftop party in Chennai on Saturday. The youngster breathed his last the next day at Rajiv Gandhi Government Hospital.
The dead body has been sent for a postmortem. Police are waiting for the autopsy report to reveal the real cause of his death. It is suspected that he has died due to a drug overdose.
The identification of the man has been made as S Praveen from Madipakkam in Chennai. He is a tech professional.
The deceased attended the rave party on Saturday. It was held at VR Mall in Anna Nagar and organised by a company called Great Indian Gathering. At the event, DJ Night Eduardo Neto, also known as Mandragora, was present to perform at the event.
Around 10 pm, police personnel reached the venue where the party was going on. The cops were alerted to the condition of the young man.
While police conducted the raid at the party, they found that liquor was being served without getting permission. In fact, about 90 underage people were not in full control due to the use of alcohol at the party.
The organisers purportedly used the liquor licence of another bar in the mall to serve alcohol. Overall, 884 liquor bottles were seized, and the policemen have registered a case.
A drug overdose turns fatal and takes many lives. Despite knowing all the harmful effects of the drug, youngsters generally use it at rave parties. Who is promoting these kinds of parties? The organisers should be punished to stop the life-threatening party.