Mumbai Police has announced curfew-like restrictions in the city till January 2. To prevent any kind of disruption in public order, the gathering of people has been banned by imposing Section-144.
Mumbai: Mumbai Police has announced curfew-like restrictions in the city till January 2. To prevent any kind of disruption in public order, imposing Section-144 has banned the gathering of five or more people. Apart from this, weapons have also been banned from 4 December to 2 January. During this, sloganeering and any kind of demonstration in public places has also been banned.
Curfew in Mumbai: List of Activities Prohibited Till January 2
-Processions of all kinds which includes marriage ceremonies, funeral meetings, on the way to cemeteries, legal meetings of companies, clubs, cooperative societies and other associations.
– Firearms, swords, and other such weapons are not permitted. From December 4 to January 2, these orders will be in effect.
-Gatherings of five or more people around government offices, courts and local bodies performing government or semi-government functions.
-Large gatherings for schools, colleges and other institutions for educational activities or general business.
– Bursting and playing loudspeakers, instruments, bands and crackers.
Apart from the above activities, ban has also been imposed for meetings for business and solicitation in shops and establishments, demonstration of other gatherings and processions.
List of activites allowed during Mumbai curfew:
– Acts of Government and Local Self-Government bodies for carrying out Government or quasi-Government functions.
– Assemblies in or around schools, colleges and other educational institutions for educational activities.
– Legal meetings of companies, clubs, co-operative societies, other bodies and associations.