A huge case regarding negligence with children's food is coming out from West Bengal, where a snake was found in mid-day meal in Birbhum district. Around 30 students of a primary school fell ill after consuming food served in the mid-day meal. An employee of the school who prepared food also claimed that a snake was found in a container filled with pulses.
Kolkata: In West Bengal’s Birbhum district, several school children were admitted to the hospital on Monday after consuming food. A snake was allegedly found in the food. The officers provided this information. Around 30 students of a primary school in Mayureshwar block of the district fell ill after consuming food served in the mid-day meal, officials said. An employee of the school who prepared food also claimed that a snake was found in a container filled with pulses.
“The children started vomiting, after which we had to take them to the Rampurhat Medical College and Hospital,” he said. Block Development Officer Dipanjan Jana told reporters that after consuming the mid-day meal on behalf of several villagers, the children started vomiting. There has been a complaint of falling ill.
Official said, “I have informed the district inspector of primary schools, who will come on January 10.” The official said that all the children except one have been discharged from the hospital. He is out of danger.
A police official said that the parents gheraoed the school headmaster and damaged his two-wheeler.