1. Home
  2. Business
  3. Singapore Airlines in consultation with Tata Group on merger of Vistara- Air India 

Singapore Airlines in consultation with Tata Group on merger of Vistara- Air India 

Singapore Airlines Limited said it is now in "secret conversations with Tata" to explore a potential transaction on the securities of Vistara and Air India, suggesting that the two commercial airlines would be combined. Air India is a subsidiary of Tata.

By wasmulhaq 
Updated Date

New Delhi: Singapore Airlines Limited said it is now in “secret conversations with Tata” to explore a potential transaction on the securities of Vistara and Air India, suggesting that the two commercial airlines would be combined. Air India is a subsidiary of Tata.

Also Read :- Good news for Air India pilots! Post retirement they will get a chance to work for 5 more years

Singapore Airlines Limited, which has a 49% equity stake in Tata SIA Airlines Limited, which runs the Indian full-service airline Vistara and is based in New Delhi, The Tata Group owns the remaining 51% of Vistara’s shares. The establishment of Vistara in 2013 gave the SIA Group a stake in India’s fast-growing aviation sector.

India has strong international traffic flows, which may increase further and are expected to double in the next ten years, the press release stated.

However, SIA has made it clear no terms and conditions have been agreed upon between the parties, and there is no certainty or assurance. Even if the transaction was to materialise, SIA said that it would be subjected to regulatory approval and compliance, among other matters.

“The company is set to make necessary announcements.”If any development regarding a potential transaction is in compliance with the relevant provisions of the listing manual of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited,” SIA’s press release stated.

Also Read :- Tata Sons-backed Air India plans to improve customer services as it faces consumer complaints

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter पर फॉलो करे...