New Delhi: On Thursday, SpiceJet assures passengers “No impact on flight operations”. SpiceJet said that none of its flights were cancelled due to the restrictions on its movements announced by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on Wednesday.
Yesterday, The DGCA said it is restricting half of SpiceJet’s summer schedule for eight weeks based on the findings of its “spot check, inspection” and the airline’s response to the show cause notice. A SpiceJet spokesperson said on Thursday, “All SpiceJet flights departed on time this morning as scheduled. No flight was cancelled.” This DGCA order means that SpiceJet is now allowed to fly around 2096 flights from the sanctioned strength of 4,192. As per the regulator’s Wednesday order, the airline cannot operate more than 2096 flights for the next eight weeks. The spokesperson added, “There has been absolutely no impact on our schedule following yesterday’s order by the regulator. This has been possible as SpiceJet, like other airlines, had already rescheduled its flight operations due to the current lean travel season.”
Between June 19 and July 5, there were at least eight incidents of technical glitches in SpiceJet planes. After this, on July 6, the DGCA issued a show cause notice to the airline. The aviation regulator in its order on Wednesday said that in view of various site inspections, inspections and response to the show cause notices submitted by SpiceJet, the number of flights approved for SpiceJet’s summer for continued maintenance of safe and reliable transport service.
It is restricted to 50 per cent for eight weeks. “We would like to once again reassure our passengers and travel partners that our flights will operate as per schedule in the coming days and weeks. SpiceJet is confident of scaling up its operations and addressing any concern the regulator may have on priority,” the spokesperson concluded.