1. Home
  2. Region
  3. Tamil Nadu: 3 Workers killed after inhaling toxic gas while cleaning septic tank at resort in Sriperumbudur

Tamil Nadu: 3 Workers killed after inhaling toxic gas while cleaning septic tank at resort in Sriperumbudur

Three people have died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a septic tank at a resort in Tamil Nadu. It is being told that the resort is located in Sriperumbudur, 47 km from Chennai.

By Ruchi Upadhyay 
Updated Date

Chennai: Three people have died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a septic tank at a resort in Tamil Nadu. It is being told that the resort is located in Sriperumbudur, 47 km from Chennai.

Also Read :- Kanpur: 3 Workers die after allegedly inhaling toxic gas while cleaning a 'pollution' tank

The unsafe practice of making workers clean septic tanks without proper gear and protective clothing has claimed hundreds of lives in India over the years.

Earlier in the day, three sanitation workers died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a drainage chamber at a housing society in Pune’s Wagholi.

Further reading:
For the latest news and reviews, follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter पर फॉलो करे...