A terrible accident has happened in Secunderabad, Telangana. A massive fire has broken out in an electric scooter showroom here. 7 people have died in the accident. Apart from this, 13 people have also been injured.
Telangana: A terrible accident has happened in Secunderabad, Telangana. A massive fire has broken out in an electric scooter showroom here. 8 people have died in the accident. Apart from this, 13 people have also been injured. The fire broke out on the 2nd floor of the building. Short circuit is said to be the cause of the fire. According to the information, a fire broke out in the battery charging unit of the showroom, which later took a formidable form. Around 25 people were present at the lodge when the fire broke out.
Let us inform that as soon as the information about the fire broke out, fire tenders reached the spot and started extinguishing the fire. People trapped in the building of the electric scooter showroom were rescued. Hyderabad police commissioner C V Anand told reporters, “In all seven persons were killed. Some of them are charred to death in the hotel rooms and others succumbed to burns while trying to escape from the fire.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed grief over the loss of lives due to the fire incident and announced an ex-gratia amount of Rs 2 lakh for kin of the deceased. “Saddened by the loss of lives due to a fire in Secunderabad, Telangana. Condolences to the bereaved families. May the injured recover soon. Rs. 2 lakh from PMNRF would be paid to the next of kin of each deceased. Rs. 50,000 would be paid to the injured,” PM Modi tweeted.
A fire officer said that soon after getting the information, as many as five fire tenders rushed to the spot along with the rescue teams of the police. “We could save 10 people who were caught in the hotel rooms, while some others jumped out of the hotel to save themselves.” Telangana Home Minister Mohammad Mehmood Ali said the injured have been admitted to hospital and a probe has been initiated to ascertain the cause of the fire.
He further said, “Fire brigade teams tried their best to rescue people from the lodge but due to heavy smoke, some people died. We are probing how the incident happened.” State Minister Talasani Srinivas Yadav, Hyderabad Police Commissioner CV Anand, Director General of Fire Department Sanjay Kumar Jain, Regional Fire Officer V Papaiah and other top officials rushed to the spot and supervised the rescue operation.
Terming it as an unfortunate incident, Srinivas Yadav said that all the injured are being treated better. “The people who were staying in the lodge were people who had come from other places in the city for work,” he said. He said that a high level inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
Let us tell you that a similar case has come to the fore in Tamil Nadu as well. In April, the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the battery at the Porur-Kundaratur showroom. A customer had left the battery on charging. Suddenly it caught fire. In this accident, 5 new scooters and 12 fire scooters for servicing were damaged by burning.