Every year on February 14th, people honor their love for one another by spending time together, sending flowers and sharing Valentine’s messages of love.Love is one of the most poignant and talked about emotions a person can experience. It has also been the centre of a lot of poets, authors’ imaginations and movie plots. As they say, love can really take you to unexpected places!
There’s no better time to celebrate the value and warmth of true love and affection than Valentine’s Day- for its true value and essence. Whether you are single, in a happy relationship or been together with your soulmate for years, love is something that lifts you up on the lowest of days, warms you up on a cold day, makes memories spent together sentimental, and can even make you strong.
Use these quotes on Valentine’s Day to convey the right sentiment in a heartfelt Valentine’s Day message.These quotes can also come in handy to show the one you love how much you care for them, if you are confused about the right words to say, or want to make a grand gesture.
Here’s wishing everyone a happy and lovely Valentine’s Day!
1. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”- James Baldwin
2. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart”.- Helen Keller
3. “Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it”.-Rumi
4.” Love is patient; love is kind. It does not envy; it does not boast, it is not inflated. It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered or quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury. Love does not delight over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, perseveres through all things. Love never fails.”- 1 Corinthians 13.
5. “You know you’re in love when you can’t even put into words, how you feel for a person”.- Dylan West
6. “We simply can’t abandon ship every time we encounter a storm in our marriage. Real love is about weathering the storms of life together.”- Seth Adam Smith
7. “You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.” ― Mary Olive
8. “Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” ― Fred Rogers
Cute Valentine’s Day Quotes & Messages
1.“A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller, Philologist
2.“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss, Author.
3.“Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” – Pablo Picasso, Artist.
4.“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin, Journalist
5.“Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones, Engineer
6.“Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning, Poet
Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes & Messages
1.“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde, Playwright
2.“True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal, Author
3.“I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.” – Walt Disney, Animator
4.“Love is a grave mental disease.” – Plato, Philosopher
5.“I want a man who’s kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?” – Zsa Zsa Gabor, Actress
6.“It’s better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week.” – Laurence J. Peter, Educator
Valentine’s Day Quotes & Messages for Friends
1.“Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de La Fontaine, Poet
2.“A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” – Henry Van Dyke, Author
3.“My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford, Businessman
4.“Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel, Author
4.“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare, Poet
5.“True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.” – Nicole Richie, Actress
6.“There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson, Author
7.“Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” – Steve Maraboli, Author