New Delhi: In a shocking turn of events, YouTube not only deleted former US President Donald Trump’s recent video but also suspended his channel for at least a week, which is expected to be suspended further. The video sharing giant said on Tuesday evening that the platform’s policies had been violated by Trump’s channel.
The recent incident of taking down Trump’s video from his YouTube channel took place after it sparked controversies and violence. YouTube in a media interaction confirmed that the video has now been removed, however, it did not revealed anything regarding decision taken on Trump. Although, it said that after a week’s time is over, further decisions will be reconsidered.
As per a YouTube spokesperson, the scrapping of video came in view after the careful review about the ongoing potential for violence. “We removed new content uploaded to the Donald J. Trump Channel and our policies to incite violence. As a result, we have now stopped uploading new videos or live streams on the channel for at least seven days, which can be extended,” said the spokesperson.
It is to be mentioned that YouTube was the only major social media platform that had not suspended Trump. Earlier, Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts were closed after Twitter. Facebook had suspended Trump’s account indefinitely, while Twitter has banned Trump completely stating that the account was permanently closed due to the risk of inciting violence. The micro-blogging site also announced that if its rules will still be violated then further action will be taken.