Several students of a private hostel in Mangaluru's Shaktinagar complained of vomiting and diarrhoea. When some had severe pain in their stomach, there was a stir. More than 137 students were admitted to the hospital one after the other. On information about the nursing and paramedical students falling sick, officials rushed to the spot and started investigation.
Bengaluru: A private hostel in Mangaluru, Karnataka was stirred at midnight on Monday. One by one the children started falling ill. Till the early hours, more than 137 students were admitted to the hospital. All are nursing and paramedical students.
It is being said that his health deteriorated due to food poisoning in the dinner. The students have been admitted to different hospitals in the city. It is being told that the students complained of abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhoea, after which they were taken to the hospital. The condition of many is said to be serious. Here samples of water and food have been sent for investigation.
The incident is of a private hostel located in Shaktinagar area of Mangaluru. Relatives of the students had gathered outside the hospitals where they were admitted. Families and relatives of many students created a ruckus. The administration has also ordered an inquiry into the matter.
Giving information about the incident, District Health Inspector Dr. Ashok said that all the students are out of danger. Although some have been kept on observation. The students are scared. Around 130 students have been treated. There is no need to worry or panic. We will visit the hostel and talk to them. The warden is being interrogated.